|Company Name:||Talent Storm Recruitment Ltd (‘the Company’)|
|Company Contact details:||Sarah Kallipetis, Founder & Director email@example.com|
|Document DP5A||Privacy Notice|
|Date:||5th November 2019|
Who Are We
This Privacy Notice explains what to expect in relation to personal information (data) about you which is collected, handled and processed by Talent Storm Recruitment Ltd “the Company”, whether we are in the process of helping you find a job, continuing our relationship with you once we have found you a role, providing you with a service or you are visiting our website.
The Company is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that we can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
The Personal Data We May Collect
In order to provide the best possible employment opportunities for you, the Company needs to collect certain information about you. The Company will only ask for details that will genuinely help us to help you such as your name, age, contact details, education details, CV/employment history, immigration status and any other information you choose to share with us.
Other information which the Company may collect include passport details, permits and visas, national insurance number, outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance for certain roles, medical information, references, financial information (including but not limited to payroll details and terms, HMRC data and pension scheme details) and a log of our communications with you by email and telephone.
How We Collect Your Data
There are three main ways in which the Company collects your personal data:
- Directly from you by filling in forms
- By corresponding by phone, email or via the form on the website
- Obtaining your CV from job boards and LinkedIn
Collection and Use of Personal Data
The legal bases the Company relies upon to offer these services to you are:
- Your consent
- Where we have a legitimate interest
- To comply with a legal obligation that we have
- To fulfil a contractual obligation that we have with you
This is where the Company has a legitimate reason to process your data provided it is reasonable and does not go against what you would reasonably expect from us. Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- Managing the database and keeping work-seeker records up to date;
- To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you;
- To submit your details/CV to our clients and prospective employers for you to be considered for vacancies;
- To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise;
- To keep you informed of any marketing, promotions, offers networking events, market information and any other services offered by us;
- To establish that you have the right to work;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and the Company or any contracts the Company enters into with third parties in relation to providing you recruitment services;
- To facilitate the Company’s payroll and invoicing processes
- To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients as permitted by law
The Company will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- Prospective Clients
- Candidates’ former or prospective new employers that you obtain or provide references to
- Accountant – Davanti Business Solutions
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data are:
- The Company will be unable to introduce or supply the individual to a client
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it. Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where the Company has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal and sensitive data.
Data Storage and Security
All personal data is stored within a secure, password encrypted database in the United Kingdom. Security measures are in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, the Company limits access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
In the unlikely event that our computer systems are compromised and there is a potential loss of confidentiality, we will report this breach to you. In the unlikely event that personal data is taken or exposed without our consent, we will provide reports surrounding that exposure within 72 hours of being notified of such an event and take any action necessary to restore security of your personal data.
The Company uses all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of email/the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason the Company cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via email/the Internet. If you share a device with others, we recommend that you do not select the “remember my details” function when
that option is offered.
There will be times when we would like to send you information about services, newsletters and marketing material. If you would like to opt out of this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Data Protection Rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Sarah Kallipetis, Founder & Director – email@example.com
There may be circumstances where the Company will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. We will inform you if this is the case. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that the Company processes is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the details above and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
You can also contact us using the above details if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
Complaints and Queries
If you wish to complain about this Privacy Notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Sarah Kallipetis, Director & Founder Talent Storm Recruitment Ltd – firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.